(Archived) View geolocation of note on map?

fwhamm

Idea

It's nice to view an atlas with position markers for notes but I would like to see the geolocation of a note. For example I took a note with my iPhone / iPad. Later I open the note to see on the map where I took the note:

- I see a nice shop in the new village I just moved to

- I take a picture and add some explanations (nice art gallery with stuff made of wood)

- days or weeks later I find the note via search or tag and I want to go there

- right now opening the note's information ('i') mostly only shows me the county name and I can't even see the village or street name as text

- I would like to see at least the location on a map so I can go there...

Is there a way to view the selected note's geolocation on a map or didn't I get it? Without that geolocations seem quite useless for me...

1 reply to this idea

Hi, fwhmm:

If you have an iPhone, GoLater, the 3rd party APP of Evernote, should help you in this case.

Welcome to have a look of how GoLater can save a special store and show you the map

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90390533@N04/10471570404/

One thing you may find GoLater different from Evernote App, it generate map by your input geo tag, not latitude and longitude.

Geo tag is in the format of g:/address

Either the pictures you taken into Evernote, or clipping a web page to Evernote, just add g:/address, then you will have all of them in your map. 

GoLater is free, welcome to download  on APP Store

Archived