Training for a Triathlon with EN

Hello all:

I was curious to see how people on the board use Evernote to log their health and fitness activity. I am begining training for my first ever triathlon and using that as a way to get myself back in shape. I am 23 years old, 6'1, 230 so I'm a bigger guy. I enjoy lifting weights at least a few times a week in addition to spinning at the gym and going for runs. I have yet to add swimming to my regimine, but plan on doing that in the coming months.

I guess my questions are as followed: How do you use Evernote to log workouts? One Notebook with a different note per day? What other tips would you recomend for someone new to the Evernote world trying to keep track of my progress?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Hi the1andonly1, (sorry, you didn't leave your real name)

I think this is one of the best things about Evernote. It's totally a blank slate for you to mold to your preferences. Ultimately, whatever makes sense to you is the best way to log your workouts :P

Personally, and with all of my clients, we log our workouts for an entire month in one note. I design programs by the month and this helps us see all the results in one place to see the success, failure or other patterns that may arise. It shows more of the 'big picture' rather than just individual workout results.

Another tip would be creating notes that track measurement over time. ie: measure body weight, inches, 10 mile run time, bike time, etc. Tracking one variable over many days, weeks or months in one place again gives that big picture view of progress (or not).

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have other questions about Evernote or your training.

• 3 months later...

I have a question that builds on the OP's question. I run about twice a week, and would like to use another program/app to track my mileage/route (mapmyrun, runningahead, etc.), but use Evernote as my primary log for all fitness activities (swim, bike, run, miscellaneous activities).

Does anyone have any tips for automatically importing from the gps/route-tracking apps to Evernote? I'm thinking of using IFTTT to import from an RSS feed somehow, but I'm not quite sure how it might work, and am hoping that someone has already solved this issue.

Thanks in advance!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived