(Archived) "Sync" takes six hours, doesn't work

mwaves

Idea

Some while ago Evernote lost a lot of my work during a "sync" process. I was given an extra year on my premium account as recompense, but I decided to stop using it for important notes as I didn't want to run the risk of losing them again.

However yesterday I thought I'd give it another chance, and I began by putting a selection of my notes back into it - 95 notes in all. Then I clicked the sync button. It was still "syncing" after half an hour, even though some other software told me Evernote was no longer accessing any remote server. I thought that perhaps the software was wrong and it may take some time, so I left it "syncing" overnight.

This morning I see it is still "syncing" so I quit the application and looked at the web interface of my account. There it says I have 33 notebooks, not the 95 that I was trying to sync.

Now I could just click the sync button again, but I don't want to waste six more hours waiting while nothing actually happens.

What do I do now?

7 replies to this idea

I have the same problem. In the log file is the following entry:

"3 [3796] 25% Can't send HTTP request, error: INTERNET_TIMEOUT

08:24:53 [3796] 25% Session terminated abnormally, elapsed time: 1m 7s"

It seems to me that the evernote server is overloaded. Does anybody have a feedback from the evernote team?

I am seeing the same problems, and fear some notes are lost.

Mac, Win, Android and iPhone clients all been unable to sync yesterday and continuing with problems today.

Any news? happy to share more information about my configuration, but given that it is happening accross all my clients looks like a server problem.

js

Does anybody have a feedback from the evernote team?

They are having problems. Apparently caused by putting all members onto SSL for all connections. This is maxing out their servers and this has happened rather sooner than they had anticipated, so I think we might be seeing these issues for a couple of weeks until they get new hardware in place to cope with the higher demand.

If you want to keep track of Evernote's status you can find it here: http://status.evernote.com/

Archived