(Archived) "Search Notes" bug in Evernote 2.0

vigliensoni

Idea

10 replies to this idea

I also have the same problem running Evernote 2.0.4 (127827) for Mac OS X (swedish).

It doesn't matter if I use the menu Edit->Search Notes or the shortcut (Cmd+Alt+F).

I hope for a quick fix for this problem since it's a pretty big issue when you can't search for notes.

What happens when you try to search for a word in Evernote? Does it say that it didn't find any notes, or do you get some other sort of error?

There may be some clues in the logs after you try a search. To see the logs: Help > Activity Log...

I am also having this problem:

Specifically, since I upgraded to 2.04 on mac, nothing happen when I choose Edit/Find/Search Notes ... (or use the keyboard shortcut). By nothing happens, I mane that there is no search box, no change in the UI etc.

As others have noted, searching within notes works fine.

I have tried reinstalling evernote (and rebooting the machine).

I have a premium account (if that matters).

Any ideas?

- Thanks

Wilf

When you choose the "search notes" option, we don't open a separate dialog, we just put the cursor/focus into the built-in "Search" box in the top-right corner of the main application.

I.e. if you choose that menu option and start typing, you should see the words you type appear in the search box, which will narrow down the set of notes you're viewing.

Sorry - I was not clear:

The built-in search box at the top (that was present before I upgraded, and is present on my friends mac after he upgraded) is missing.

Clicking the "lozenge" in the upper right corner of the window (which is supposed to hide/show the search area), expands to reveal a few extra rows of blank pixels - but no search controls.

- Thanks

Wilf

One possibility is that somehow all the items in the toolbar got removed - the trouble is taht "Customize Toolbar" is greyed out, so I ca't check this - or add them back in if they are missing.

Why would the customize toolbar be greyed out - and how do I restore this functionality?

- Thanks

Wilf

Archived