Web Clipper not Working

I am using a 2016 Macbook Pro, Safari v 12.01 browser, MacOS 10.14.1. I have the Web Clipper extension installed. When I try to save a webpage by clicking on the Evernote "elephant," all I see is a spinning, never-ending circle. I followed another suggestion to delete the extension, clear history, restart, and reinstall the extension and that worked for one web page and that was it. I had to restart to clear a problem with 1Password and when my MBP came back on line and I tried to save another web page but no luck--just keeps spinning and spinning. Surely the web clipper isn't designed to require deinstallation, restart, reinstallation each time you want to save a webpage? Very frustrating and makes Evernote not worth the trouble.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you.

I am so frustrated with this product. I tried uninstalling web clipper but when I went to reinstall, the only links I see are for Google Chrome. I don't see how to reinstall on Safari. Evernote is becoming unusable for my set-up and I need to find out how to cancel my subscription. Again, any suggestions would be appreciated.

I am having the same problem. I've been an avid user of EN for quite a while, but have encountered more bugs in the last three months than the previous five years.

Safari 12.0 on Mac Pro, extension installed from the website three times today. If it isn't spinning in the middle of the page, it is telling me that I need to reload the page in order to display it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found that my Web Clipper stopped working...I thought I was a Plus member and paid to upgrade but not I am listed as Basic and allowed access on only two devices unless I upgrade to premium for about $6 a month....if I delete devices and drop to two the web clipper works.  Apparently there is some new pricing model.  I can find nothing about the PLUS subscription which I thought I had!  No spinning ball if just two devices.  I don't need a plan for 10 GB of storage a month.  Way overpriced for my needs

• 2 months later...

I am having the same issue. 3 out 5 pages usually won't clip, just the spinning circle in the middle of the page. I've un-installed and re-installed web clipper, reloaded pages, tried everything and for months this keeps happening. I can use the "share" option in Safari to send the link to Evernote (which then gives me a warning I should really download web clipper, that's a nice insult since I have it but it doesn't work) but I can't clip many pages now. 

Evernote in general has been filled with so many bugs recently that never seem to be addressed, I doubt I'll renew my subscription after being a member for more than 5 years.

Archived