(Archived) Importing notes

1. Importing Ev 2.1.1 notebooks and the new notebook default's property. I imported an entire notebook into E3, but didn't have an opportunity to determine whether that new imported notebook would be a Local or a Sync'ed notebook. It was sync'ed automatically. I'd much prefer the Import give me an opportunity to flag the new notebook as Local or Sync.

2. Moving notes between notebooks. I was hoping to select notes in a Local notebook and drag them to the Sync'ed notebook. I couldn't, though it would have been quite handy if I could have.

3. Importing notes through the wizard. I created a Local notebook, thinking I could import my EV 2.1.1 into this Local notebook. When I ran the Import Wizard, I could select any Target Notebook that was a sync'ed notebook, but not the Local notebook. Naturally, that would be rather nifty function.

If I've just missed where these functions already exist, my apologies.

Using Evernote v 3.0.0.539 (26793).

1. Importing Ev 2.1.1 notebooks and the new notebook default's property. I imported an entire notebook into E3, but didn't have an opportunity to determine whether that new imported notebook would be a Local or a Sync'ed notebook. It was sync'ed automatically. I'd much prefer the Import give me an opportunity to flag the new notebook as Local or Sync.

>>You can first create a new local-only notebook and ensure that it's highlighted in the Notebook list. Then use the Note->Import... menu to import the .enx file that you exported from EN 2.1.1 into the highlighted local EN3 notebook.

2. Moving notes between notebooks. I was hoping to select notes in a Local notebook and drag them to the Sync'ed notebook. I couldn't, though it would have been quite handy if I could have.

>>You can highlight one or more notes by clicking the source notebook name, and clicking on the note header(s) and dragging them into any other of your notebooks.

3. Importing notes through the wizard. I created a Local notebook, thinking I could import my EV 2.1.1 into this Local notebook. When I ran the Import Wizard, I could select any Target Notebook that was a sync'ed notebook, but not the Local notebook. Naturally, that would be rather nifty function.

>>The Note->Import Wizard is only for importing compatible files into notes, such as jpg, gif, text, or wav. It is not used for importing notes from another EN database. However, if there is a local notebook present, it should appear as an optional destination in screen 2 of the wizard, but it does not. We'll look into that.

If I've just missed where these functions already exist, my apologies.

Archived