Web Clipper foolishness

Bear in the Trunk

Idea

Could the Evernote dev team quit taking its cues from Apple, who cannot release software the last few years without introducing more bugs than improvements with each iteration? Web Clipper 6.9.4 for Safari constantly signs me out of Evernote, or forces me to go to a webpage to log in. What if I’m not able to access the web?

I tried to downgrade/backgrade to an older version of the Clipper for Safari I have on a backup. Safari (Version 10.0.2 (12602.3.12.0.1) now doesn’t allow such installation; it forces me to use the Extensions Gallery, which only has the latest, malfunctioning version.

Just saw that a new version of the Clipper is pending approval for Safari and other browsers, but this is plain old sloppy workmanship. I thought software developers employed knowledgeable professionals and didn’t use their customers as beta testers unless the customers agreed to do so? No one does real world checking for common, obvious bugs in non-beta releases?

Much more of this and I stop using Evernote. As a long-time (paying) customer, that should tell the Dev and Sales Teams something. The Web Clipper has always been problematic, yet it’s one of the most useful features of Evernote. I’m very tired of being vexed by sloppy paid software.

:angry:

0 replies to this idea

There have been no replies to this idea yet

Archived