I don't know if this is still an active topic. I had the same problem but it seems I've solved it accidentally.
Here's a little how-to, hopefully this will help.
Let's say you want to add a link to the Evernote Blog which is https://evernote.com/blog/
But this should appear like this Evernote Blog
You can simply follow these steps:
1. Copy/Paste your destination URL in Evernote (e.g. https://evernote.com/blog/)
2. Press enter
3. Type your link text (e.g. Evernote Blog)
4. Select your link text and then Cut it
5. Paste the link text exactly before the destination URL
6. Press enter
7. Erase the destination URL
8. Done :) now your link text is an actual link
Hope this works out for you guys as well.
I've tested multiple links and all of them work.