I’m a long time premium user of Evernote for Mac, iPad, iPhone and I’m mostly happy with it. It’s a great time saver.
But SHARING is a cumbersome process. Sorry.
(It may be not a problem to share one or two notebooks. But even this is confusing for first time users I’m sending notifications to.)
I have a lot of notebooks to share with different people. There the hassle begins.
1) No sharing of stacks? Are you kidding me? I have to share 10 notebooks often. I can tell you this is not a joy.
2) In EN for Mac v. 6.4 there is no sign in the notebook list to see which notebooks I’m sharing.
3) When I share 10 notebooks with a teammate on one day she/he gets 10 notifications. I understand why he/she is angry. Why can’t I combine all this to ONE notification?
4) Well, I understand why my teammate has to „accept“ the sharing of a given notebook. But there should be an option to eliminate this hurdle. Why? Because it would be a big time saver. AND it would remove a source of error. (It happens all the time that a teammate is like: „This notebook? I don’t have it in my Evernote. You didn’t share it.“ (Which I did.) You know, people are lazy by nature. They skip these notifications often.)
5) PLEASE give us back a list of all shared notes/notebooks like in the early days of Evernote. It would be so much easier to check and change the sharing options.
6) To make everything more confusing you introduced Chat. I understand, why you love this. BTW I don’t. Before Chat in EN I didn’t miss it. We have a lot of ways to communicate with teammates nowadays. We didn’t need Chat in Evernote to survive. It is just one more hurdle. For example: When I just want to send (not share) a given note by email and I klick on „Sharing“ I end up in Chat. Then a journey starts through the menus to find the one for emailing.
Next example: When I share a notebook it’s not intuitively clear what will happen: ‚Will she/he get an email or a chat message? Or both? Should I better phone him/her to point her/him to this notification?‘ I suggest: Let’s keep it simple-Just send an email only with a big button „Accept invitation to this notebook“. Done.
Did I mention that we cant’t delete the chat notifications in Evernote? So we are never shure: ‚Did I accept this one already or not?'
Again, sharing in the early days of Evernote was a joy to use. It’s not anymore. I hope it will change.