Soooo... After posting about the success of being able to reinstall Evernote, I did experience the inconsistency between the version I was trying to install (4.6.4) and the version being reported in the Help screen (4.6.3). Because I had run CCleaner recently, I no longer had the version of the .msi in my AppData\Local folder, so I was forced to try the registry deletion fix. It not only worked to allow me to actually complete the installation of 4.6.4, but I was able to do an update check and find that 4.6.5 was available for download and installation. I ran through the process without issue. The help screen reported I was currently running 4.6.5, and everything seemed fine. When it first attempted to synchronize after the update, it prompted me to reenter my password. I did so, and everything appears to be as it was. As a side note, I actually performed this process on my work desktop and my personal laptop. However, my work desktop was the only machine experiencing the problem upgrading to 4.6.4. I remembered when I heard Evernote had the security breach, I didn't wait to be prompted to change my password. I changed it immediately, but only on the laptop. I don't know how much time had passed between my changing my password via the laptop and the next time I accessed Evernote on my work desktop, but I do remember receiving the update to 4.6.4 dialog on my work desktop shortly after starting Evernote for the first time since changing my password. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it is possible that I tried to update Evernote using a password which was no longer in use, but which was valid the previous time I used it on that computer. This may be a contributing factor to the problems we have experienced in updating, especially for those people using Evernote on multiple computers. I'm not sure...I'm only speculating.