(Archived) Shared Notebooks

Will there be something like shared notebooks? I think this would be very interesting for FAQ like information. There should be private shared and public shared notebooks and an option to separate access for viewing and editing.

I could imagine FAQ like content that is public viewable (like a public notebook) and shared private editable or team data that would be private shared (viewing and editing).

What do you think?

-Jens

Actually, you can share one account between several fellow users to collaborate (not sure if this is allowed during CB, but technically it is perfectly possible). Inside this account, you can have public and private notebooks. And Windows client technically allows using several accounts and easy switching between them. We personally use such collaboration accounts inside Evernote.

Actually, you can share one account between several fellow users to collaborate (not sure if this is allowed during CB, but technically it is perfectly possible). Inside this account, you can have public and private notebooks. And Windows client technically allows using several accounts and easy switching between them. We personally use such collaboration accounts inside Evernote.

Iafanasyev,

Thank you for that clarification. This is HUGE. :D EN3b now supports (or soon will support collaboration) on databases and notebooks. (I think the EN marketing people may be asleep; I think they should be trumpeting this wonderful new EN3b collaboration capability all over the EN 3 Beta web pages.)

I have been wishing for collaboration support since EN 1.2, I believe. :( 8)

Thank you, EverNote Developers!!!

Actually, you can share one account between several fellow users to collaborate (not sure if this is allowed during CB, but technically it is perfectly possible).

Thank you for that clarification. This is HUGE. :D EN3b now supports (or soon will support collaboration) on databases and notebooks. (I think the EN marketing people may be asleep; I think they should be trumpeting this wonderful new EN3b collaboration capability all over the EN 3 Beta web pages.)

Did you understand that there is no "real" collaboration support and you need to share your account details (username and password)?

I would prefer some means to share notebooks between multiple accounts with some sort of access rights like in Google Documents. Threre you can share a document with fellow users and non users (i.e. that do not have an account) for viewing and/or editing. You can share a document with some for viewing and some others for editing at the same time and manage these rights (i.e. add users or remove their right to view/edit).

-Jens

Actually, you can share one account between several fellow users to collaborate (not sure if this is allowed during CB, but technically it is perfectly possible).

Thank you for that clarification. This is HUGE. :) EN3b now supports (or soon will support collaboration) on databases and notebooks. (I think the EN marketing people may be asleep; I think they should be trumpeting this wonderful new EN3b collaboration capability all over the EN 3 Beta web pages.)

Did you understand that there is no "real" collaboration support and you need to share your account details (username and password)?

Yes. It is still infinitely better than no collaboration at all. :)

I would prefer some means to share notebooks between multiple accounts with some sort of access rights like in Google Documents. Threre you can share a document with fellow users and non users (i.e. that do not have an account) for viewing and/or editing. You can share a document with some for viewing and some others for editing at the same time and manage these rights (i.e. add users or remove their right to view/edit).

-Jens

I too would prefer "real" collaboration with unique log-ins (so we can see who did what, when) and limited permissions. Someday. 8)

I too would prefer "real" collaboration with unique log-ins (so we can see who did what, when) and limited permissions. Someday. 8)

That would be awesome! I think this is a must for the "social-networking crowd" as you titled them. :)

-Jens

Archived