Notebooks GONE

Hi. I am on an iMac (10.10.5, Yosemite) and this morning I moved about 4 notebooks to other notebooks. I saw in the forums just now that you can't do that---but the problem is--now they're gone. The notebook names are still there, but showing zero notes. They are not in my trash in the app, and they are not in my trash on the web version. I have a basic account---are they gone forever?! 

• Level 5*

Hi.  When you say 'moved',  did you multi-select and use the menu / drag and drop / cut and paste?  How did you try to move the notes?  And if you're using the installed desktop version,  there's no reason that you can't move one notebook into another - you might either create a 'stack' of two notebooks under one heading,  or you might move all the notes from one notebook into the other.  Has your total number of notes changed?  Have you checked your notebooks for any keywords or phrases that would have appeared in the missing notes?

Hi Gazumped. I clicked on the notebook name in the app which initiates a dropdown of notebook names ("Move X") and I selected the notebook I wanted to move the notebook TO. Then I realized each one I did that for was gone. Yes, I searched the keywords--the only thing that returned from those searches were the now empty notebooks that I thought I'd moved. 

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Sorry,  but I can't work out exactly what you did - not helping that I don't use Mac,  and Windows has some basic differences anyway.  Hopefully there'll be some Mac users along in a while who might be able to follow what happened and suggest some options.  If it's urgent and you're a premium user,  follow the support link in my signature and see if you can find the Chat link on the support page (weekdays, working hours, PST) or try tweeting @EvernoteHelps - stress that you've lost data and need to recover it!  Good luck.  :)

Okay, recall: I had to move notes as the notebook would not move AS A NOTEBOOK. 

I noticed my web version shows 42 notes in one notebook I moved inTO--and my app shows 39. I have synced both and the number isn't changing. So first, I apologize: I was expecting to see the notebook name with it's included notes. I didn't write down the note names--so the other single notes I moved may have ended up under the 'moved to' notebook.

DUMB REALIZATION--should I just delete this thread or will it help others?!:::::: 

I closed and re-opened the app and it now reflects the same number in the one notebook whose number I noticed was different. I can only assume that the other couple of single notes transferred to the notebooks I moved them to as well (but since I didn't notice the number or name I can't verify.)  

Seems stacking is a premium feature(?) I will keep this in mind next time I feel inclined to do this so I take note of the NOTE names--not the NOTEBOOK names!

Archived