(Archived) Search all notes - need a toggle!

I am a registered user of Evernote and use it all the time. One of the annoyances I have is that I often search for notes using a mixture of category tags and the search bar. I often click a category, forgot that this is selected then try to do a search of all notes in the search bar. Of course that normally does not find anything as the search is only for the selected category. What I would like to see in new Evernote 3 is a 'switch' next to the search bar that toggles on and off searching in all notes or searching in the currently selected category. My two cents! though in NZ 10 cents is now the minimum currancy :?

What I would like to see in new Evernote 3 is a 'switch' next to the search bar that toggles on and off searching in all notes or searching in the currently selected category.

Clollin,

I really like this suggestion. In particular, I would like the "switch" to clearly visually indicate its setting so when I look at the textual search box I can always immediately see whether the search I am about to type applies to only the currently selected categories or to all Notes. Today I have to have the Category Panel open at all times to be able to figure out whether my textual search will run against only a few selected categories or against all notes.

Archived