Web Clipper in Chrome not working even after reinstall

SadHabitat

I started using the web clipper just last week... it worked fine until a few days ago, when I would go to clip something and the circle would just spin forever - no dialog boxes or anything else showed up.  So I tried removing Web Clipper from my Chrome extensions, closed Chrome, restarted the computer and Chrome, added the extension back... and now it's even worse, as I can't even log in.  Hovering over the elephant icon displays "Sign in to Web Clipper" but clicking on the elephant does absolutely nothing - no error message, no spinning circle.  The elephant icon now had a little orange dot (?) next to it, which I assume means I need to log in... but I don't even have the option to do that.  I can right-click the button and go to options, etc. but that's about it.  

Error log:

12:44:31 GMT-0500 (EST) (ERROR) /background.html: logged out while toggling clipper.
at LogReceiver.error (/js/common/Log.js:8:267)
at chrome-extension://pioclpoplcdbaefihamjohnefbikjilc/js/main/Extension.js:15:356
at Array.<anonymous> (/js/main/Auth.js:17:99)
at g (/js/common/Bootstrap.js:4:334)
at c (/js/common/Bootstrap.js:3:339)
at l (/js/common/Bootstrap.js:3:46)
at Bootstrapper.bootstrap (/js/common/Bootstrap.js:5:259)
at Auth.isAuthenticated (/js/main/Auth.js:15:499)
at Object.x [as toggleClipper] (/js/main/Extension.js:14:382)

Mac OS X Yosemite v 10.10.2

Chrome version 40.0.2214.111 (64-bit)

Any help?

Thanks,

Tabitha

Thanks for the quick response!

Yes, I have restarted Chrome.  I have also tried toggling the "allow access to file URLs" on the preferences page.  I have "Allow all sites to run Javascript" checked in Chrome's settings. I even cleared out all my cache/cookies/browsing data.  I can't think of anything else to try... :-/

Thanks,
Tabitha

Hmm... Ok, thanks for the added details. 

It works as expected in all our testing on Chrome stable & Yosemite. In some cases similar problems have been caused by other installed extensions. One way to try that is to disable any other extensions one by one and test the Clipper inbetween.  

Just checked the error logs again and there's a little bit more there now... maybe this could help?

13:57:21 GMT-0500 (EST) (WARN) /background.html: chrome tabs query did not return a result while changing window focus

at LogReceiver.warn (/js/common/Log.js:8:386)
at Object.callback (/js/main/Extension.js:14:185)
at safeCallbackApply (extensions::sendRequest:21:15)
at handleResponse (extensions::sendRequest:73:7)
14:45:59 GMT-0500 (EST) (ERROR) /background.html: Error running callback: Cannot read property 'userId' of nullTypeError: Cannot read property 'userId' of null
at d (chrome-extension://pioclpoplcdbaefihamjohnefbikjilc/js/main/Extension.js:19:153)
at Array.<anonymous> (chrome-extension://pioclpoplcdbaefihamjohnefbikjilc/js/main/Auth.js:17:99)
at g (chrome-extension://pioclpoplcdbaefihamjohnefbikjilc/js/common/Bootstrap.js:4:334)
at c (chrome-extension://pioclpoplcdbaefihamjohnefbikjilc/js/common/Bootstrap.js:3:339)
at l (chrome-extension://pioclpoplcdbaefihamjohnefbikjilc/js/common/Bootstrap.js:3:46)
at Bootstrapper.bootstrap (chrome-extension://pioclpoplcdbaefihamjohnefbikjilc/js/common/Bootstrap.js:5:259)
at Auth.isAuthenticated (chrome-extension://pioclpoplcdbaefihamjohnefbikjilc/js/main/Auth.js:15:499)
at Object.ea [as main_isAuthenticated] (chrome-extension://pioclpoplcdbaefihamjohnefbikjilc/js/main/Extension.js:20:212)
at c (chrome-extension://pioclpoplcdbaefihamjohnefbikjilc/js/common/Browser.js:7:159)
at EventImpl.dispatchToListener (extensions::event_bindings:395:22)
at LogReceiver.error (/js/common/Log.js:8:267)
at g (/js/common/Bootstrap.js:4:351)
at c (/js/common/Bootstrap.js:3:339)
at l (/js/common/Bootstrap.js:3:46)
at Bootstrapper.bootstrap (/js/common/Bootstrap.js:5:259)
at Auth.isAuthenticated (/js/main/Auth.js:15:499)
at Object.ea [as main_isAuthenticated] (/js/main/Extension.js:20:212)
at c (/js/common/Browser.js:7:159)
at EventImpl.dispatchToListener (extensions::event_bindings:395:22)

Archived