Wrist Protection

gillisjg

Noteshelf has far superior wrist protection.  It would be nice to see Penultimate make some improvements and take a few notes on the ease of use and features that Noteshlef offers.  That being said, I love Evernote, but would love it even more if Noteshelf were the "pen to paper" note taking app that was incorporated with it.  Sometimes using Penultimate to take random notes is easier than having to type a note in Evernote...much like having a pad of paper at your desk, but Penultimate is not quite there yet.

I tried using Penultimate as a notepad, but the "wrist rest" functionality only works if you disable Multitasking Gestures for the entire tablet!  Is that stupid, or what?

I abandoned Penultimate for Notes Plus.  Even paid for the handwriting recognition part.  Wonderful app.  And the "palm rejection" on Notes Plus actually works.  

It's too bad, too, because Notes Plus doesn't integrate as well with Evernote.  This means that I use Evernote a lot less than I would have.  I may abandon it altogether.  Since I can take handwritten notes in Notes Plus and search them for textual content, I don't need a text-based app.  I don't get ads, either.

I read where Penultimate used to be a better application.  Did Evernote cripple it intentionally or did they do it by mistake?  I guess it doesn't matter because either answer leaves them looking like dunderheads.

Archived