(Archived) Export Notes - Ghost menu box and cannot proceed

Jon Pratt

Idea

Hi Forum!

Sorry i am new poster - if this topic is posted some other place then i am very sorry .... but this is driving me so mad i have to resort to asking the community for help..

When i got to export notes from Evernote (v5.30 latest from the app store) > the export dialogue box is mis formed and appears almost like a ghost at the bottom left of the screen  :huh:

All i see is some ghost text, the two option drop down to choose HTML or ENEX format type and a check box (when i choose ENEX format)

I don't have any way to confirm the export, i cannot read the message properly - I can see a little more when i swipe down on OSX and use app expose but still i cannot complete the export.

Was hoping i could easily export my notebook contents to Excel from Evernote - but i read this is impossible without manual work, and now even the manual work, (export as HTML and import into Excel) seems impossible due to this stupid ghost message box issue.

I spoke to Evernote support over chat, who were not very helpful as all they said was "it works for us" ... and then i have to say "ok thanks i will try to fix on my own .." but i cannot  :angry:

Any idea's?

Screen shot of the funny (not so much) ghost menu window is attached to the post

Jon

post-154768-0-21262800-1380729564_thumb.

1 reply to this idea

to update my post a bit further > seem the same UI malfunction is occuring when i also try to import notes .... Another Ghost menu box appears bottom left of my screen with just a sad lonely check box floating on my desktop ... no text, nothing.

For reference - OSX is version 10.8.5 and EVN is version 5.30 

Archived