(Archived) Evernote Broken, Need a Complete Wipe

jaarribere

Idea

I was trying to move Evernote's source files somewhere else on my computer, and in the process think I managed to break Evernote. To remedy my problems, I have removed Evernote and reinstalled it. I have searched through my computer in terminal and removed all evernote source files and folders, moved the application to the trash, and reinstalled. Yet the problem persists. I have updated my computer, restarted, made a different user on this computer, all to no avail.

The problems are as follows (using local notebook):

(1) Hotkeys do not work. Command+S does not save, Command+P does not print. These commands do nothing. Command+Q does work though.

(2) Going File->Print also does not print.

(3) Saving does not work properly. In order to save a note, I must first create a new note with a title. Go File->Save. Quit Evernote completely. Reopen Evernote. The note will appear, and I can now enter information (text) into its body. Then File-> Save. If I do not quit evernote in between entering the title and filling in the body, it will be unable to save the body and when I reopen evernote, all that's left of the note is its title.

I'm sure there are other problems, but I haven't played around with Evernote that much on this computer. I've got it running fine on another computer and love it there!

My sys information is MacOSX 10.6.8 and Evernote 5.2.1. Any help appreciated!

Because I re-install and have the same issue, I assume I've somehow corrupted a file or incompletely wiped Evernote prior to re-install.

EDIT: Seriously?! Anyone? I can't get Evernote to work and will soon have to use an alternative--pen and paper. shudder.

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5

The problems are as follows (using local notebook):

(1) Hotkeys do not work. Command+S does not save, Command+P does not print. These commands do nothing. Command+Q does work though.

(2) Going File->Print also does not print.

(3) Saving does not work properly. In order to save a note, I must first create a new note with a title. Go File->Save. Quit Evernote completely. Reopen Evernote. The note will appear, and I can now enter information (text) into its body. Then File-> Save. If I do not quit evernote in between entering the title and filling in the body, it will be unable to save the body and when I reopen evernote, all that's left of the note is its title.

Thanks for posting.

Saving: You shouldn't ever need to save; as long as you sync (cmd-ctrl-s, File->Sync, click the sync button or just wait for the automatic sync) your note should be saved to the Evernote servers.

Printing: This is strange. Does it beep or just fail silently? Does printing work in other apps?

As I said initially, this is with Local Notes. I use evernote to deal with a substantial amount of data, including images, for which it is not feasible to sync without a Premium membership. And I don't want to pay for Premium.

No. It makes no sound. Doesn't register anything. Nothing happens, nothing gets sent to the printer. If I open the printer icon, nothing flashes across.

Archived