(Archived) voice to table options

While keeping stats today at a boys lacrosse game I thought that there must be a better way to accomplish the task while being able to watch the game.  The problem:  to keep stats requires you to look down at either a piece of paper or the iPad to annotate what just happened. (example: #20 shot on goal, #15 assist, etc). This requires at least two people - one to keep watching the game an providing a running commentary of what is happening and one to do the logging.  Or, if we're short a person we record everything using a voice app an then someone later has to listen to the entire recording to log the stats.

I am trying to come up with a way to be able to use a voice recorder and speech-to-text to log the data into a table/spreadsheet.  If I can do that I think I can work out an import mechanism(or macro) to get the stats into a usable form.

Does anyone in the Evernote community have suggestions for how to accomplish this task?  Anything to point me in the right direction would be helpful.

Archived