(Archived) Can't sync or log out since update to Evernote 5.0.3, 7 Dec 2012

EmilyM

Idea

Since I updated to Evernote 5.0.3 on my Mac laptop, I have not been able to sync or log out of Evernote. I can only quit and restart the program. This problem appears to have started on 7 December 2012.

I have been creating quite a few new notes on my Android cellphone (with the web clipper, with photos I've taken, and with text-only notes), but they will not sync to Evernote on my Mac.

I submitted a tech support ticket, but as a free user I am not sure if they will even answer my query... so I am posting here also.

I have been using Evernote since 2008 and never had a single problem until now!

Thanks in advance for any comments or advice!

2 replies to this idea

OK, the quick fix did work (see URL in my previous post). I had to restart my computer before I could install the quick fix Evernote version, since something called "EvernoteHelper" was still running in the background.

After restarting and installing, it has synced and the new notes I created in my Android phone have appeared.

Keeping my fingers crossed that everything will keep working. I am not happy about the new Evernote version 5. Again, this is the first time I've ever had a problem with Evernote since I started using it in 2008!

Archived