How I am using Evernote with my classes

mat6453

I am a sports teacher from the UK and teach a theory class about the sports industry. I started using my iPad in school as I felt it was a really good tool due to the amount it could do. Evernote has become central to my sessions as it enables me to organise and share a massive amount of information.

At first I used it as a research library by clipping information and sharing the notebook with my class for them to have access to specific documents.

I then got the students to start submitting their coursework on Evernote, this meant that all their work could easily be stored and reviewed and created less paper in the office.

I have now started to look at providing feedback to the students via their own personal notebooks, in this way they have instant access to where they are at in their learning and it opens the possibility to continue learning outside the classroom. I can mark work and students can get the feedback well before the next lesson I have with them. It will also lead to the possibility of sharing their progress with their parents.

The students have really taken to this and are even starting to use their handheld devices to complete coursework!

Really looking to develop this idea over the next few months, any suggestions more than welcome.

Archived