(Archived) Chrome Web Clipper takes huge chunks of usage.

loanme5

I selected a few paragraphs within a Chrome web page. I then right clicked and selected "clip selection. The clipper began downloading 1000's of pages. When I got it to cancel it was over 17,000 pages, and my usage had jumped from 2 or 3 MB to 12 MB. Even though the note in Evernote was only the two paragraphs I selected.

A little later I used the Evernote Chrome button to clip an article. I thought it worked fine until I saw that the usage had jumped up another 12 MB to 24 MB used.

Now I am afraid to clip anything. Neither clip that showed up in Evernote is longer that a few paragraphs. I've check usage online as well - same thing.

Any suggestions? Or do I need to just quit using the Chrome Clipper

Thanks

Windows Vista OS

Can you post the URL of the page and if possible a screen shot of the culprit selection?

The Chrome clipper works very well MOST of the time. I use it 20 times a day on average.

Occasionally it still gets messed up on specific pages.

I repeated your clip as follows:

- Exit & Restart Chrome. This ensured that I am using a fresh copy of the Clipper.

- Waited for current tabs at exit to be restored.

- Started Chrome -> Wrench -> Tools -> Task Manager

- Noted initial Private Memory for "Extension: Clip to Evernote" (21,480K)

- Opened your url in new tab & clipped full page

-- Peak memory usage was approx 26,500K

-- Usage after clip complete and confirmation alert closed was 21,460K

Bottomline, no problem seen. Typical action by clipper.

At this point I am confused about what you were monitoring.

Thanks Owen,

I do not know how to recreate it. I'll just chance it, and make sure I grab everything if it happens again. If someone at Evernote were to total my notes for July they would see that they come no where close to 24 MBs. 3 or 4 MBs at the most, yet my usage did jump about 20 MBs after my last to clippings. Oh well, I'll just take my chances until in happens again.

Thanks again.

Archived