(Archived) Chrome Web Clipper Hanging

M51AB

This issue is very similar to the thread Evernote Chrome is slow and unuseable:

http://forum.evernote.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=22576&hilit=GOOGLE&start=25

with one addition: Chrome (Windows 7 64-bit) would not stop uploading

Here's what happened:

1. I received a message yesterday stating I was at 75% of my free uploading quota for a one month period.

2. I kept clipping (both URLs and complete pages) a few more times and noticed the Chrome extension was indicating I had two notes in queue then wouldn't clip anymore.

3. At the same time, my computer began to upload a large amount of data (138 kbps) that stopped when I closed Chrome, but started again whenever I opened Chrome again.

4. After scanning for viruses and spyware with nothing found, I started Task Manager and it verified Chrome was the program uploading.

5. Today I searched Google's help forum for Chrome and found a similar problem had been reported in October 2010 and had yet to be resolved:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=750ff6a1ae03b1d7&hl=en&fid=750ff6a1ae03b1d70004a00dca9f40c4

6. I had been planning to upgrade my membership anyway, so I upgraded today, hoping that would solve the problem; it did not.

7. Because the Chrome Web Clipper still hadn't synced, I removed the extension which solved the upload problem.

I didn't check to see what IP address Chrome was uploading to, but I assume it was the same address and posted the fix on Chrome's help forum. I found the above mentioned thread on this forum after searching to see if anyone else had the same problem.

As far as Clip to Evernote version 4.2.13.6903, to this point its been hit or miss. I did a few test clips (clipping URLs and complete pages) and two worked, one didn't.

Until this bug is fixed, I'll be keeping the Evernote desktop client open to verify important clips make it into my notes.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having what I believe is a similar problem. Clips (usually full page) will not upload from the Chrome Web Clipper. The "yellow" badge will just continue to accumulate a count of records. This happens in both OSX and Windows 7. The only way to clear it is to uninstall and reinstall the plugin.

Log attached.

evernote_chrome_dump.zip

• 5 months later...

Archived