Evernote's New "Optimization" Feature: Now With 100% Less Notes!

Go to solution Solved by Ricardo,

Yesterday, Evernote on my Android phone said it was going to "optimize" my notes the next time I opened the app. And so it did. But in the end, instead of my almos 4.000 notes, I had this:

image.thumb.png.a4342dc7ef7b359862ee439d3dcb2620.png

Looks like Bending Spoons' acronym is spot on! What kind of BS is this? Now I have "0 notes" on my phone?

Today I'm on v. 10.101.5 - and it seems "nothing" is "new":

image.png.415d03d6ce1840e1686df73cc9397eea.png

While some will say they (BS) are working hard to improve the product, moving fast and breaking things, others will say this is just a side effect of the continuing enshittification (BullShittification?) of Evernote. Well, both can be right, right?

On the bright side, I still have my notes on the desktop and web clients, so I can export all my notebooks and move them to Obsidian!

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

To be honest, I didn't even tried to fix it, I'm just moving on to Obsidian, really.

But since I still have the Evernote app on my Android phone, and to try to help you (and others) out, I managed to solve this. It is really simple.

You just need to clear the app data and log in again. This is just like reinstalling the app, only a bit faster. First, close the app, then go to (Android) Settings > Apps > Evernote (or long press the Evernote icon and select App info), then Storage > Clear data. Start the app again and that should do it.