Mac 10.10x.x crashes upon launch every time. ChunkLoadError

Go to solution Solved by s2sailor,

Evernote: both 10.100.1 and 10.101.7

Evernote app will not operate at all for me. Have been a daily user and paying customer since 2008 and have many thousands of notes. Opening the app yields a partial EN window and the attached dialog. All menu options are disabled, including saving logs. I have updated the app from 10.100.1 to 10.101.7 and get the same behavior. Error text in the EN window:

Unexpected Application Error! Loading chunk 6660 failed. (timeout: app://evernote/6660.js). The stacktrace is shown in second image. I would copy/paste it, but the window is disabled with the modal dialog present, so I can't select any text. 

FWIW, using the web interface works fine, and I have a laptop (OS 14.5, EN 10.96.5) that works fine in the Mac app. I've disabled automatic app updates on the laptop to avoid this problem from infecting both machines. So, I'm hopeful that this problem is constrained to the Mac app and not corrupting the note data. 

Anyone else seeing this?

EN error dialog.jpg

Untitled 5.png

• Level 5*
  • Solution

It sounds like you have a corrupted installation on the problem Mac.  Uninstall using Appcleaner and then reinstall.  A standard uninstall is sometimes not enough.  Appcleaner will fully clean it out.