Custom Macros - to format text/content based on keywords

Alex512

Idea

I use Evernote every day, and sometimes couple of hours for planning, notes, ideas, etc.

I currently spend lots of time formatting my notes,

for example, I often use all cap underscored keywords to indicate a set of actions in a list, such as:

• Find out what the project should include
    • ACTIONS:
      • Catch up with X
      • Investigate potential challenges
      • Book a meeting

In this specific example, it would be nice if I could program a macro, where every time it detects a specific keyword, as in this case "ACTIONS", it will format it based on some preference, such as, underscore, fill colour, etc.

an option would be to use the current "/", but no matter what, why not being able to create custom macros? 

from here, I could have another custom macro, that will summarise all my ACTIONS, into a list, etc.

in this way we as users are not limited to the standard features, but we can add our own dynamic features for specific scenarios that otherwise will not be suitable to be released as standard features...

1 reply to this idea

On 6/1/2024 at 8:44 AM, Alex512 said:

In this specific example, it would be nice if I could program a macro, where every time it detects a specific keyword, as in this case "ACTIONS", it will format it based on some preference, such as, underscore, fill colour, etc.

You don't say what operating system you are using so it is difficult to give any specific advice. It sounds as though you just need an OS based text expander or macro app. On windows I use AutoHotKey to provide all sorts of functionality that is specific to my needs. eg typing ,,r gives me 🔴 

• Like 2