set the creation date of a note to any date before January 1, 2016

Idea

Hello everyone,

I've come across a limitation in Evernote that I find somewhat restrictive and am hoping to find a workaround or spark a discussion that could potentially lead to a feature update. Currently, in Evernote, it is not possible to set the creation date of a note to any date before January 1, 2016.
This limitation poses a challenge for users like myself who are looking to digitize and organize historical documents within the app.

Specifically, I have a collection of newspaper clippings from the 1950s and 1960s that I want to preserve and organize in Evernote. The ability to set their creation dates to their actual publication dates would significantly enhance the organization and historical accuracy of my digital archive. However, with the current settings, this level of detailed organization is not possible.

I understand that this might be a niche request, but I believe it could benefit a wide range of users who use Evernote for archiving historical documents, research papers, and other date-specific materials. Adjusting the limitation on backdating the creation date of notes would provide greater flexibility and utility for users aiming to maintain accurate historical records within their digital note collections.

2 replies to this idea

1 hour ago, Gerald_Jungeblut said:

I've come across a limitation in Evernote that I find somewhat restrictive and am hoping to find a workaround or spark a discussion that could potentially lead to a feature update. Currently, in Evernote, it is not possible to set the creation date of a note to any date before January 1, 2016.

Fortunately this is not true but I agree it is not intuitive or very practical to do. If you click the year, you are correct that the range goes back to 2016. However if you click 2016 to accept it and then click the year in the date again, you are able to go back to 2008. You can then continue the process for as long as you need to. There may well be an actual minimum but I lack the patience to discover what it is!.

image.png.2c478849a69564a1815547aea8bb054e.png

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing this workaround! It's quite a hidden trick indeed and not at all obvious. Appreciate you taking the time to explain the steps. It's a bit cumbersome, but it's good to know there's a way to access earlier dates beyond the apparent limit. Your patience in figuring this out is commendable!

• Like 1