Broken keyboard navigation after focusing on a favorited note

Go to solution Solved by ForestD,

Hi!

So, I love to keep my hands on the keyboard. Yet, after going to a note in my favorites (with cmd+3) I can't go to the note body, nor focus on the note list (cmd+|) since there's no list on view, only my note. I mention it because on my favorites I have a notebook and a tag and there's no big issue there. I go to the note list, enter, and I'm on the note body. But for a single note in favorites I can't find the way to go to edit mode without "tabbing" many times through the interface.

Am I missing something very obvious? Is this a bug?

Extra: I can't find the keyboard shortcuts to move to note body and note title anymore. I'm sure there were there, right?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Update: The same happens with switch to... (cmd+j) when switching to a note. It works fine with tags and notebooks as well.

P.S. 1: In case this is relevant, I'm on Mac 13.5.2, Evernote 10.61.10

P.S. 2: Tried restarting / uninstalling the app to no avail

Edited by Kael Huerta
Added another scenario when this happens
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Kael Huerta said:

But for a single note in favorites I can't find the way to go to edit mode without "tabbing" many times through the interface.

The weird view with no note list that you get using shortcuts or switch to is really annoying. I have no idea why EN have decided to introduce it. The expand note function is in my opinion a much better way of getting a distraction free look at a single note.

The "go to title" shortcut doesn't seem to be documented in the Windows keyboard shortcut list, at least with any of the search terms I can think of. However it still exists and is simply F2. So F2 followed by {Tab} takes you to the body of the note. You will need to convert to Mac.

• Like 2
  • Solution

It's the same on Mac. So F2 and then Tab to go to the note body. Looks like this works from anywhere.

I didn't notice it at first in the Keyboard Shortcuts list... I was looking for it under Navigation. It's listed as 'Rename' under the Note Actions

image.png.998ff38430baa09e0b8f354bc932ad0e.png

• Thanks 2