Evernote Mac App using a lot of energy on M1 MacBookPro

Has anyone else noticed that recently (since the update that adds the AI stuff) that Evernote uses a lot of battery? I would notice that my battery would drain super quickly and macOS says that Evernote is the problem. Looking at the energy diagnostics shows the same thing. Killing the app via task manager also fixes the issue. 

Has anyone else experienced this?

On 6/24/2023 at 4:03 PM, NotePilot1969 said:

Yep this CPU spike has been ongoing for 6+ months now.  Each new update of this app tends to bring new issues.  There are some fixes listed in other forums here, but none of them worked for me.  I gave up, canceled my sub, and moved on to another notes app that has zero issues.  

So which one did you move to?

On 6/23/2023 at 5:42 PM, periodical said:

Has anyone else noticed that recently (since the update that adds the AI stuff) that Evernote uses a lot of battery? I would notice that my battery would drain super quickly and macOS says that Evernote is the problem. Looking at the energy diagnostics shows the same thing. Killing the app via task manager also fixes the issue. 

Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes. I experience this too. The only solution I've found is to quit the app, and open again. Sadly. I have reported this to support as well.

• 2 months later...

Yes I've been experiencing the same issue.  Lately I've had no choice but to use the browser version of Evernote instead within Chrome, but then my automatically generated notes my meetings in my calendar no longer get created.  Plus, it takes too long for Evernote to log back in. Very frustrating.