Sync issues and notes losing data... I'm tired of trying

Hi!

I've been a paying customer of Evernote I believe since 2015... Used for many years, great tool, helped me a lot, stating this and also this is not a "old times were better" type of post.

I don't mind change, even if I believe it's an annoying decision.

The real issue is that Evernote has been plagued with sync issues for at least 2 years now, notes I create on Android App are not synced to the Desktop app, a note created on the desktop app takes forever to open in the Web or worse in the Android App it created a new note instead of loading the content.

I lost count of how many times I spent 10 minutes writing a checklist to click on another and most of the tasks I've written are just gone, not even present in the note's history. Or how many times I needed to write something down real quick, only for the Android App to not open the default quick note.

Mind you I have a Core i7, 32GB RAM, NVME SSD disk as laptop, S22 as Smartphone with 4G mobile internet plan and my home internet connection is a 600MBps Fiber link, it's not a problem in my end. I've reinstalled the apps multiple times, and so on...

So, for a past few months I decided to try out Obsidian, it doesn't have a mobile app, but coupled with Todoist I managed to move my workflow... today I decided to give Evernote another shot, writing a checklist for a software migration I'll do tomorrow, mind you 10 minutos on it with Evernote reporting "It's all saved" on the foot of the note interface, as soon as I clicked away... pluft! From the 37 tasks, only 4 remained in the note.

For these problems to remain for so long in the platform your development leadership and strategy are really lost. I don't care for snarky remarks from "know it all" users I've seen around here, no rhetoric matters if the application's basic functions don't work.

My subscription is due in October, at this point I'm so tired of Evernote's problems I will not be renewing.

• Sad 2
  • Level 5*
54 minutes ago, LFCavalcanti said:

today I decided to give Evernote another shot, writing a checklist for a software migration I'll do tomorrow, mind you 10 minutos on it with Evernote reporting "It's all saved" on the foot of the note interface, as soon as I clicked away... pluft! From the 37 tasks, only 4 remained in the note.

Which Evernote version were you using?

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*

Ok, you are using the latest version.  Thanks, that is what I was checking for.  If you haven't already, it would help us all if you submit a support ticket with this detail.  I have also experienced problems with tasks, on the latest version as well, and the more information development gets, the better the chance we can get this fixed.

• Thanks 1
  • 4 months later...

This sucks. I've been facing the same thing for the last few years too and I'm finally as fed up of it as you are. I'm now looking for an alternative when I previously told everyone I knew about it.

I just can't keep risking the content I put in there.

I'll be downloading everything this afternoon and then I'll be cancelling my subscription. Like you, I've been with Evernote since 2014...

Shambolic.

• 2 months later...