Suggestions for Improvement

Museed

Idea

I have been a long time Evernote user.  After seeing other notetaking platforms there are two things that I envy from them: 

1. Hide toggle for top menu bar so that only the text can be seen.

2. Collapsible headings so that each note isn't as cluttered and can be overviewed more easily.

With these two additions Evernote would be a dream.  It is already hard to beat, but that would take all others out of consideration in my opinion. 

Thanks for your consideration.

1 reply to this idea

SUGGESTION FOR FEATURE FROM LONG-TIME USER

In prior versions of Evernote, the layout was such that you could see your list of notes and notebooks and, if desired select a note to look at.

With the current web and Windows editions, at least 1 note must be open at all times. This note takes up more than 1/3  of the entire screen — whether you want to see it or not.

This makes not one bit of sense to me, especially since a simple fix would allow the pane to be narrowed down or eliminated by dragging the cursor to the right. Then the program would regain its usefulness.

Having no way to hide the presence of one note at all times is more than annoying. It makes the program much more difficult to work with.           

If the Note pane could be removed from view — or at least minimized — the user can see their list of Notes. I do not see any reason why Evernote cannot enable hiding the Note pane on the right side of the screen.  When I want the list of notes,  I do not want 1/3 of the screen taken up by a single note. If I want to visit a note I can do so.