Inline Code Format

1NoteTaker

Idea

I have been using Evernote for about 10 years now and was extremely excited when the Code Block formatting feature was added. This feature is great and extremely important for someone like me that needs to reference code not committed to memory regularly. It allows me to reference, copy, and paste code snippets much more quickly and accurately. 

This should be taken a step further and allow the end-user to format in-line code as well. I often want to use code in a sentence to explain a concept as a note and I am forced to use bold or italics, which is not consistent with the look of the Code Block style. Will you add a Inline Code formatting feature please? 😉  Thanks!

1 reply to this idea

19 hours ago, 1NoteTaker said:

This should be taken a step further and allow the end-user to format in-line code as well. I often want to use code in a sentence to explain a concept as a note and I am forced to use bold or italics, which is not consistent with the look of the Code Block style. Will you add a Inline Code formatting feature please? 

Fortunately this has already been implemented and documented in the auto formatting section of the keyboard shortcuts. Just enclose your inline code in backticks

image.png.9dc82f9a7c7ff4a6e7017d5bd77507b9.png

image.png.6b9667b9124f97c937505a318c557a42.png

• Like 3