Keywords / Tags not being found

Studeeo

Idea

Am dealing with dozens of frustrating bugs with Evernote. One of the worst now is the app not finding the tags, or the words within an article.

For example, I tag an article wth the tag ABC. But when I try to search for that tag, it never finds it. When I search for the article manually, I can see the tag plainly on the list of tags for the article. So, Evernote is failing at the most basic and important features of the app. I've struggled with this for about a year? now, and Evernote still hasn't given me a solution.

Instead of working on all kinds of advanced features that most people never use, I'm asking Evernote to fix the most basic issues that are destroying productivity daily.

Can you please provide a fix?

Thank you.

1 reply to this idea

6 hours ago, Studeeo said:

Am dealing with dozens of frustrating bugs with Evernote. One of the worst now is the app not finding the tags, or the words within an article.

For example, I tag an article wth the tag ABC. But when I try to search for that tag, it never finds it. When I search for the article manually, I can see the tag plainly on the list of tags for the article. So, Evernote is failing at the most basic and important features of the app. I've struggled with this for about a year? now, and Evernote still hasn't given me a solution.

Instead of working on all kinds of advanced features that most people never use, I'm asking Evernote to fix the most basic issues that are destroying productivity daily.

Can you please provide a fix?

Thank you.

Unfortunately this does seem to be a feature for some users. There is no quick fix but lots of questions

1. Which operating system are you using?
  2. If not the web does the same happen on the web?
  3. Does the same thing happen for old notes or is it just new notes?
  4. What are your tags like? Do you have tags with special characters (e.g. *) or are they just alphanumeric?
  5. How are you "searching" for the tag? Filtering and searching behave differently.
    1. Using the filter menu or clicking a tag in the sidebar or filtering from an existing tag in a note are filters. On the windows desktop they seem to work locally and for me react to changes instantaneously
    2. Search (e.g. tag:mytagname) happens on the server. Notes take anywhere from a fraction of a second to hours to be indexed and hence found using search.