Ability to go back to the previous note after following an internal link

AK77

Idea

Dear Evernote Team,

Once I follow an internal link to a note, I can no longer go back to the previous note. It would be good if you can provide a mechanism for such behaviour both through a keyboard shortcut and the back button on the mouse (usually one of the two buttons clicked by your thumb).

Many thanks,

Alex

2 replies to this idea

12 hours ago, AK77 said:

Dear Evernote Team,

Once I follow an internal link to a note, I can no longer go back to the previous note. It would be good if you can provide a mechanism for such behaviour both through a keyboard shortcut and the back button on the mouse (usually one of the two buttons clicked by your thumb).

Many thanks,

Alex

You don't say what syatem you are using. If you are using one of the desktop versions can you confirm that the back button (left arrow at the top of the sidebar) or equivalent keyboard shortcut (alt + left-arrow on windows) are not workibng for you. I've always found the go back behaviour of EN im both the legacy and V10 a bit unrelaiable. For example it sometimes goes back to the previous view but to the top note in that view rather than the one you were on.

• Like 1

Yes, I'm using the desktop version. I didn't see navigation links in the top-left corner, nor was I aware of the navigation shortcuts. My bad. 

Apologies,

Alex

• Like 1