Searching for a word only displays notes that have that word in the title

Currently when I search for a term, the only results displayed are notes that have that term in the TITLE of the note. That is, it's not showing results from note contents. At this point the search function has become completely useless to me. 

Also I'm trying to search notes that were created months ago, so it's not a recent note indexing issue.

Example image: I'm searching for the term "Atlanta" (top left). In the note I have open on the right, you can see the word Atlanta appearing multiple times, yet none of those results show up in the search bar. 

970951686_ScreenShot2021-04-28at5_40_29PM.thumb.png.82894d1972e912eae8d465c96c80752f.png

10 hours ago, ollie990 said:

Currently when I search for a term, the only results displayed are notes that have that term in the TITLE of the note. That is, it's not showing results from note contents.

I think the title of your post is a little misleading. If you type a word in the search bar you get a selection of search suggestions (upto 3) any saved seaches, upto 7 actual notes and any tags. How EN chooses which 7 (out of all the possible hits) to display is anyone's guess but you are right that having the word in the title is given high priority - probably not unreasonable. If you want to find all the notes you have to press enter and then you will also see the word(s) highlighted in the note list (if it's in the snippet of text in the note list) and in the actual note.

image.png.bd1ad137cc77aaa725309e7225794980.png

• Like 2