Tell me how many hits to a search and lead me from one to the other

KC3D

Idea

I suggest that Evernote copy what OneNote does when it comes to the search function. When I search for a word, it should tell me how many it found and have hot key or keyboard short cut that will take me to the next finding. Right now, if I do a search in Evernote, it stops at the first finding but I don't know how many finds there are or an easy way to get to each one. This will  be very helpful in large text files.

1 reply to this idea

On 3/10/2021 at 1:43 AM, KC3D said:

I suggest that Evernote copy what OneNote does when it comes to the search function. When I search for a word, it should tell me how many it found and have hot key or keyboard short cut that will take me to the next finding. Right now, if I do a search in Evernote, it stops at the first finding but I don't know how many finds there are or an easy way to get to each one. This will  be very helpful in large text files.

I assume you are searching for a word using the main search function. This obviously brings up a list of notes which contain that word once or multiple times.  If you click into a note of interest and press ctrl-F the "find in note" box appears, pre-populated with your search word. As far as I can see everything you want (and more) is there. The search box displays the number of hits, each hit is highlighted (different colour for the active one) and if you expand the search box using the 3 dots you can access arrows that will cycle though the hits.

The only problem I can see is that you do need to go into each note separately rather then be able to continuously cycle though all the notes. EN has always been note based so I think that might be a findamental limitation.

image.png.47ee0c9212124621ec637d38f1d4f745.png