Energy consumption - ***a VERY SERIOUS problem***

Last month I switched from my old MacOS(Serria) and old Evernote to Mojave and, updated Evernote to the latest version, v10.0.10. I enjoyed very much the dark theme.  Thank you very much!

I love Evernote so much that, except web browsers, Evernote is almost the 1st application I have to install for my daily use.
However , after using it for 2 weeks, I think I should write a report to you.

Quite likely, the current version consumes MORE energythan the old version.  Attached please find the screenshot of "Activity", it shows that Evernote consumes MORE energy than Zoom and Firebox!  The average energy climbs up to double digits! 
In the old version, both of these situations NEVER happened!  
BTW, I am used to open two to three notes at the same time within the app.  If you need, I can reproduce the problem to you in few again since it happens very often.

From time to time, I enjoy using my Mac in cafe for four or more hours without any electric supply, so this a very fatal problem for me.
What's more, the battery life of my laptop is limited.

1288430309_EN-feedback-ScreenShot2020-10-18at7_23_09PM.png.09d20e19d853960fc7c6753307255996.png
  • Like 2

One has to wonder who had the bright idea to use Electron for an application that needs to be running all the time. That's hundreds of megabytes of RAM you don't get to use for your work anymore, as well as the reduced battery life.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Don Reba said:

One has to wonder who had the bright idea to use Electron for an application that needs to be running all the time. That's hundreds of megabytes of RAM you don't get to use for your work anymore, as well as the reduced battery life.

I wish that the reason behind is not Electron or any framework they use.... I wish.

Agree.  I had to turn Evernote off to get the fan to stop running on my 2019 MacBook Pro.  It shouldn't require that much in the way of system resources to run.  Typically, I would run it all day in the background.  Will look to switch to an alternative if this is not resolved rapidly.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...