Screen Snap Skitch not working on Catalina

Hi, I've never had any issues with skitch, but recently updated my mac to Catalina. 

Now, when I hit any of the screen snap buttons on skitch, nothing happens. I have added skitch as an extension in system preferences. I read that I had to grant skitch screen recording access through system preferences, but when I went to try that, skitch had not requested screen recording access so there was nothing I could do.

Photos included: 1: screen recording access in system preferences, 2: skitch selected as an extension in system preferences, 3: the button that no longer works.

Btw, skitch also doesn't show up on the top bar of my computer anymore either

Thank you for your help!

Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 5.20.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 5.20.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 5.19.42 PM.png

• 3 months later...

I noticed that when I upgraded to Catalina, Skitch wasn't in my Applications folder anymore. I uninstalled, then re-installed, but it still wasn't there. SO, I just dragged the App into my Applications folder. The next time I opened the app, I successfully got the prompt to give Skitch access to screen recording. I hope this helps!

Thanks to Claire for this post as updating the Security and Privacy settings and the Extensions as noted in her screenshots fixed it for me. Prior to that I removed Skitch and reinstalled it making sure to put it in my Applications folder and that did not fix it for me. When I was taking screenshots it would only capture the desktop image, regardless of which app I was trying to take a screenshot of...

• 1 month later...

Following up on this thread... I just upgraded to the Catalina OS and the screen snap only captures my blank desktop, not the actual screen snap I'm trying to capture.  I uninstalled and reinstalled Skitch.  It DOES show up in my applications.  It DOES show up in my top menu bar.  I did update the extensions, checking both boxes under the Skitch icon (Actions, Photo Editing).  It does NOT show up under "Screen Recording" as an option to select - I only see Zoom under the Screen Recording menu.  Any suggestions as to how I can get the permissions set so I can resume using this??  I've read many blogs and posts but can't figure out how to get past this... 

• Like 1