(Archived) Web / Screen Clipping - How?

domenick

Idea

I installed Evernote (1.8.2?) but I do not see how I can perform "web clipping" or use "bookmarklette" with Safari or Firefox. I read the manual, but there are no icons or menu icons for Evernote in either Safari or Firefox. I thought these would be installed automatically with Evernote, but I guess not. Do I have to download and install these plug-ins/extensions manually (there is nothing listed in either browser)? If so, where do I get them and how do I install them in Mac browsers. Also, how do I perform "screen clipping" on a Mac? In Windows, there is an icon in the Task Bar to perform this. What is the equivalent operation on a Mac?

Thanks.

2 replies to this idea

In Firefox, you can add our web clipping add-on by going to:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/8381/

In Safari, you should see the little elephant icon somewhere in your Safari toolbar after you've installed and run Evernote on your Mac:

post-8171-131906066423_thumb.png

If you don't see that, check within Evernote in: Evernote > Preferences > Clipping > Safari Plugin

You may need to restart Safari or maybe even reboot your Mac to make the icon appear.

To clip from the screen, or to create a note from the contents of the Mac clipboard, see the menu under the elephant icon in the Mac Menu Bar.

In Firefox, you can add our web clipping add-on by going to:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/8381/

In Safari, you should see the little elephant icon somewhere in your Safari toolbar after you've installed and run Evernote on your Mac:

[attachment=0]Screen shot 2010-05-20 at 10.52.33 AM.png[/attachment]

If you don't see that, check within Evernote in: Evernote > Preferences > Clipping > Safari Plugin

You may need to restart Safari or maybe even reboot your Mac to make the icon appear.

To clip from the screen, or to create a note from the contents of the Mac clipboard, see the menu under the elephant icon in the Mac Menu Bar.

Found it. I'm not as savvy with macs as with pc. All of the buttons on the safari and firefox are the same color - makes them hard to find (was looking for the "green" elephant!). I'll have to google around about customizing tool bars on a mac.

Thanks!

Archived