How about making sure notes don't get lost

Using Evernote for years... now with an iPad Pro and pencil.

I'm actually trying to find a way to cancel my premium membership now... you just don't consider "real-life" in you're usability (I was a mobile developer at one of the big design/innovation firms so worked on many usability projects)....

Several times I've been in meetings and forgot to jump through the hoops to save and lost notes.

This time was in a BD meeting and had save notes...  went to press duplicate and instead hit "Make plain text"... and my hand written notes disappeared... I don't know how to get them back...

Rule number one of app design: Respect the user. Respect that what they are capturing might be important (in this case I've lost my notes to write a proposal for a few hundred grand... thanks for ***** that up).

Evernote should *never* throw away notes unless asking the user first (even if they haven't saved). If they hit some button (outside of delete, followed by a confirm) they should be able to easily recover their original handwritten notes.

After costing me thousands of dollars, Evernote is not an app I can currently use, even for free for handwritten notes...

And someone at the exec level should give the UX designers hell for this sort of thing... even intern IxDs know to make accommodations for these cases.

Archived