[Feature Request] syncing contacts and business cards

smurthy

Idea

Per the response from customer service I am posting my feature request here.

I have created a share notebook called Business Cards with the intention of sharing contacts among my colleagues. When I scan and upload a card to this Notebook they all can see it and it automatically gets added to my Contacts. However, those cards are not automatically added to their Contacts. Is there anyway to have scanned business cards that go into a shared Notebook get automatically added to everyone who is a part of the Notebook's Contacts.

Hi there,

My name is Tyler, and I'll be the agent working with you.

I see that you are sharing a notebook where business cards are scanned and you are looking for a way for others to save the information to their contacts. I understand how this would be beneficial and I would be happy to help.

Since the scan of the business card is occurring on your device, it will only automatically add the contact into your contact lists. For users that are joined to this shared notebook, they will have to manually add the contact by following these steps:

Open the note
Tap the options menu (three dots in iOS)
Select Save to contacts
Having the ability of saving the contacts that are added into a shared notebook certainly sounds like a fantastic idea though. I would be happy to add this ticket to our list of feature requests. I also would like to point you to a location where your idea will have a greater visibility to our development team if you would like to share this with them further.

The best place to make your voice heard is on our Evernote User Forum, where you and other users can join in the discussion, suggest new feature ideas, and vote for them.

While we can't guarantee all feature requests or design ideas will be implemented, our development team regularly reviews product feedback submitted through the Evernote User Forum.

If you don't already have an account with our Evernote User Forum, you can easily create one by clicking the "Existing user? Sign In" link at the top right of the page. Log in with your Evernote credentials, choose a display name, and join in the discussion!

Thanks for contacting Evernote Support! I hope this addresses your concerns, if not, please let me know.

Regards,
Tyler N.

sandeepm1
May 3, 20:53

I have created a share notebook called Business Cards with the intention of sharing contacts among my colleagues. When I scan and upload a card to this Notebook they all can see it and it automatically gets added to my Contacts. However, those cards are not automatically added to their Contacts. Is there anyway to have scanned business cards that go into a shared Notebook get automatically added to everyone who is a part of the Notebook's Contacts.

0 replies to this idea

There have been no replies to this idea yet

Archived