(Archived) Evernote Touch Win 8.1 no Nav Bar?

JimCrowell37

I just started using Evernote to organize my thoughts, ideas on a Java stand alone application project I am working on. I have a couple Kindle Fire book that seem good but I am having a basic problem with the Win 8.1 version...

I primarily work on an iMac and have had great success with Evernote on that node. I just purchased a Win 8.1 laptop with a touch screen so that I can test my Java stand alone application in that environment. I also have Evernote loaded on my 1st Generation Kindle Fire [KF] tablet.

On my iMac I easily setup an in sync notebook that is visible to the Win 8.1 and the KF.
I also setup 3 addition local notebooks on my iMac instance...

On the Win 8.1 node I can not seem to get the "Nav Bar" to display. I swiped down from the top and up from the bottom to no avail. Without the "Nav Bar" I am lost and frustrated...

FYI:

When I launch Evernote [Win 8.1 node] I see a display with the following:

- A collection of tiles with a green background...
- - This collection contains tiles for text note, camera note and attachment note...

Next, horizontally,  is the "Get More" collection with "Recent Activity" and "Premium" tiles...

Next is a vertical presentation of the "in Sync" notes [2], note 1 being the note I created originally on my iMac node...

Next is a column display my lone notebook that is in sync mode,,,

I can display the Evernote charm successfully but I do not know what to look at or change?

I tried the Evernote chat help but I had trouble with that because when I commenced to type the text dialog I could not see what I was typing. The cursor moved as I types but no characters were displayed. I did use touch to enlarge the screen because the chat dialogs were too small for me. Perhaps a Win 8.1 unfamiliarity problem on my part???

Please advise,

Jim...

Archived