Wacom Intuos Creative Stylus support

i_mush

Idea

I was wondering if Penultimate app on ipad works with wacom intuos creative stylus.

I was about to buy a smart stylus and my choice was falling on wacom intuos because I'm afraid jot touch 4 could scratch my screen.

I seem to find no clue to understand if wacom intuos would work with penultimate or not.

• Like 1

3 replies to this idea

I was wondering if Penultimate app on ipad works with wacom intuos creative stylus.

I was about to buy a smart stylus and my choice was falling on wacom intuos because I'm afraid jot touch 4 could scratch my screen.

I seem to find no clue to understand if wacom intuos would work with penultimate or not.

It seems to me the trend is to make own pen

Evernote - Jot Script

Adobe - Adonit Ink

Bamboo - Wacom pens

If you like Penultimate, try Noteshelf. It is freehand notes app and as an in-app purchase it has auto-publish to evernote, which seems to be the thing Penultimate does.

https://www.evernote.com/l/AB00fk34nZpOtonURD9EN1SINqPv4JMc4dY

Other choice could be Bamboo Paper, which is from same stable as WICS. It has support for Evernote, but only on share basis (you have to share on each change - no sync).

https://www.evernote.com/l/AB0GDNOSUvxNjJwh72DFhfYRgvr4vPFoHyw

I have WICS2 so i can feel your pain with Penultimate, because i try to push most of my data into Evernote.

Bamboo paper is great but the notes you make aren't searchable in Evernote, like Penultimate.

I love to write and draw with my intuos creative stylus and would be so grateful for the ability to use all its functions in penultimate. Any chance it will be supported in future?

• Like 2

The Evernote base format (enml/html) is text only.
The "ink note" feature is handled by file attachments stored in the note.

Evernote/Mac can store/display file attachments; including ink notes
There is no sketch feature, but images/pdfs can be annotated

My drawing tablet is a XP-Pen Star G430 ( alternative to wacom intuos ). I use it with my dell laptop .

Evernote/IOS can also store/display file attachments and has a sketch feature.
This is where I doodle
I prefer the Notability app for note-taking; stored in Evernote as a file attachment