Table not working

I created a table in Evernote on my Windows PC. When I open the table on my android phone I can only make changes in the areas of the table that already have data there. In the areas that are blank I can't add new data but if I go back to the same document in Windows I can add data. In other words if I try to edit the table on my Android phone and I click on one of the empty fields, it will not let me do anything. If I click on a field that already has data, I am able to edit it.

I am running Windows 7 and Android 2.3.6

Any ideas?

I have the same issue, using Galaxy s2 (two of them) and using a Nexus 7 tablet.

Can only edit table cells which already contain text.

New notes have no option to add a table in any of my Android devices.

Evernote Tech support today responded:-

"We apologize for the inconvenience, however it appears there is currently a bug causing this.

We have filed an internal bug report with the QA team lead. She will classify and fix the bugs in the order determined by the project Lead.

Unfortunately this is not something I can fix for you at this time.

Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience."

As a temporary fix, you can populate all the cells in the table with a space. Once the cell contains data, it becomes editable.

I just tried this on half of a small table I created (24x10), and synced my account. Once I loaded the updated table, I could move from cell to cell, allowing me to add/edit text.

Of course editing tables in Evernote is neither easy nor fun, having to enter data for each cell, confirm, then move to the next cell using the touchscreen, and then repeat.

Perhaps the next version could support onscreen keyboards that have navigation keys, and accept the right arrow key "->" as done/next cell, and the down arrow key as done/next row.

• 2 years later...

Archived