JellyFarm

Missing Images

A number have notes from the last couple of days no longer have images. I've seen previous posts recommending to check the history and revert to a prev. version, but as a PLUS user, that doesn't appear to be an options.

Are there alt. methods of recovering missing images? 

8 minutes ago, JellyFarm said:

A number have notes from the last couple of days no longer have images. I've seen previous posts recommending to check the history and revert to a prev. version, but as a PLUS user, that doesn't appear to be an options.

Are there alt. methods of recovering missing images? 

You didn't indicate a platform 

You should log into the web platform (www.evernote.com) and see if the images are really missing.  You could just have a device problem.

Apologies.

macOS Beta. App version 6.9 (updated yesterday).
& iOS 10. Latest version. 
I check online and the images are also missing there.

The missing pics were document snaps taken via iOS and some jpg's from the web. The web images I can download again, but the documents I don't know if I can get access to re-take them. 

1 hour ago, JellyFarm said:

macOS Beta. App version 6.9 (updated yesterday).
& iOS 10. Latest version. 
I check online and the images are also missing there.

The missing pics were document snaps taken via iOS and some jpg's from the web. The web images I can download again, but the documents I don't know if I can get access to re-take them. 

For me, I have two options on retrieving lost data

- my personal backups

- Evernote Note History. Possibly worth it to subscribe for one month to retrieve your pictures

I'd be concerned about why the images disappeared.

You could open a support ticket, or reinstall the software.

Yes. I'll probably upgrade the subscription at least for the month to see if that would allow me get the pics.

The alarming thing, however, is more have gone missing. I just created a dedicated folder for tax notes I've been working on. After transferring them to the new folder half the notes (about 5 notes in total) lost their images. That worries me. 

On 2016-09-21 at 3:20 PM, JellyFarm said:

Yes. I'll probably upgrade the subscription at least for the month to see if that would allow me get the pics.

The alarming thing, however, is more have gone missing. I just created a dedicated folder for tax notes I've been working on. After transferring them to the new folder half the notes (about 5 notes in total) lost their images. That worries me. 

Open a support tiket.  Enhansed support is one of the things you're paying for        Contact Evernote Support   

Yep Gunna do that. 

Upgrading allowed me to retrieve the images for the older notes which lost pics when moving to a new notebook a moment ago.  
The more recent notes are not showing previous versions, so there's nothing to restore. The upgrade wasn't a solution for these. 

Thanks Much -;)

On 2016-09-21 at 3:39 PM, JellyFarm said:

Upgrading allowed me to retrieve the images for the older notes which lost pics when moving to a new notebook a moment ago.  
The more recent notes are not showing previous versions, so there's nothing to restore. The upgrade wasn't a solution for these. 

You really should implement backups on your Mac. 

It could be a simple export of your notes.

My backup process is documented here

This just happened to me as well. I'm a Premium user, but the note in question is shared by my wife from her account, so I don't have access to note history. Reported as bug 1836118.

18 hours ago, E-NoteForum said:

This just happened to me as well. I'm a Premium user, but the note in question is shared by my wife from her account, so I don't have access to note history. Reported as bug 1836118.

Hi @E-NoteForum, thanks for posting. I took your ticket and requested some additional information from you. I look forward to your response!

Update: I'm seeing newly missing images. Both screenshots from macOS and iOS snapshots. I have an open ticket re this and am providing activity logs to support. 

I was able to replicate images missing when synced to IOS.

I opened ticket 1837099