Selected Note - Deleted Contents

Hi,

I am hoping you can help. Currently when selecting notes after moving to a new note the contents of the previous note disappear. Text remains but any images or documents or attachments just disappear out of the note. Evernote auto syncs this across all my devices and i can't get them back. I can use the note history feature to access the files again but they just delete again after selecting the note.

I am running the latest MacOS and Evernote 6.9.

All help much appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Kyle

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, kyletyrrell said:

Currently when selecting notes after moving to a new note the contents of the previous note disappear. Text remains but any images or documents or attachments just disappear out of the note. Evernote auto syncs this across all my devices and i can't get them back. I can use the note history feature to access the files again but they just delete again after selecting the note.

Can you explain in more detail your process for "selecting the note"
I'm trying to recreate the problem on my Mac

Just now, DTLow said:

Can you explain in more detail your process for "selecting the note"
I'm trying to recreate the problem on my Mac

Hi Thanks for your quick response. Best way i can describe it when using my keypad to scroll down through notes, each note it lands on it selects and the detail appears in the right hand window as i move to the next note the contents of the previous note disappear (except any text). To confirm i am note 'opening a note' i.e i am not double clicking on a note to open a new window, this is all done within the note browser.

Does this help?

Thanks,

Kyle

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, kyletyrrell said:

Best way i can describe it when using my keypad to scroll down through notes, each note it lands on it selects and the detail appears in the right hand window as i move to the next note the contents of the previous note disappear (except any text). To confirm i am note 'opening a note' i.e i am not double clicking on a note to open a new window, this is all done within the note browser.

I'm definetly not seeing that on my machine
I'd also be concerned that notes are being updated without even "opening a note"

I'd think Evernote support would be interested in this - you might want to open a support ticket at    Contact Evernote Support

I don't usually spend much time troubleshooting my devices.  My solutions are

1. Reboot the device; this sometimes solves the problem
  2. Delete the app and database; Reinstall the app and let the database be rebuilt from the servers
    Warning: The rebuild does not include local notebooks or unsynced notes
Just now, DTLow said:

I'm definetly not seeing that on my machine
I'd also be concerned that notes are being updated without even "opening a note"

I'd think Evernote support would be interested in this - you might want to open a support ticket at    Contact Evernote Support

I don't usually spend much time troubleshooting my devices.  My solutions are

1. Reboot the device; this sometimes solves the problem
  2. Delete the app and database; Reinstall the app and let the database be rebuilt from the servers
    Warning: The rebuild does not include local notebooks or unsynced notes

Thanks - Ill open a support ticket.

I think the reason it is syncing is because its detected a change in the note which is obviously the file/image no longer being there.

Thanks for your help - its much appreciated.

Kyle

Archived