automatic mistagging?

egalite

Does anyone notice that sometimes notes are tagged with tags that you did not attach?

I'm increasingly finding cases where I'm sure I tagged a note ``aaa'' and find that later the note appears with another tag.

Is this a bug? At first I thought i must have made a mistake in tagging, but I see this increasingly. What gives?

And also, Evernote still hasn't figured out why some tags are not synced at all, right? I rely heavily on tags, and this is really ruffling my feathers.

• Level 5*
19 minutes ago, egalite said:

Does anyone notice that sometimes notes are tagged with tags that you did not attach?

I used to have that problem, but it was resolved by turning off auto filing.

Theres an option in your client account settings, and in your account clipper options.

6 hours ago, jefito said:

Which Evernote client are yo using? Windows? Mac? iOS? Android? Web?

I would also like to know this, and also I would like to know if you are using Evernote Web Clipper when you are tagging items to save.

Last, are you recently having issues with tags not syncing? I'm not aware that this is currently an open issue.

11 hours ago, jefito said:

Which Evernote client are yo using? Windows? Mac? iOS? Android? Web?

5 hours ago, briancaldwell said:

I would also like to know this, and also I would like to know if you are using Evernote Web Clipper when you are tagging items to save.

Last, are you recently having issues with tags not syncing? I'm not aware that this is currently an open issue.

I'm using evernote for windows. also the web clipper. I feel that when I sync, the ``automatic mistagging'' happens. in other words, notes come back to my desktop with wrong tags.

yes, tags are an open issue as far as I'm aware. to be more exact, tags not syncing properly. if I have 50 notes with a certain tag, those notes will sync, but on the online version, only 30 of them will have that tag. that means, if I download the notes on another device (say, at the office), the other 20 notes will be downloaded without the tag.

I contacted support, and they admitted it's a problem and told me they'd let me know if this is fixed. Yet I fear this may take a LONG time to fix, as I once noticed this issue a couple of years ago, too.

I think these two issues may be related. also, i suspect this may have to do with the fact I live in Korea. There are loads of people who have no tagging issue like this. Then why me?

Archived