facebook image lost

When I use the hotkey "win-a" of evernote to clip some images on facebook, those pictures are stored and displayed in the note, although sometimes the image might be in the wrong place due to the original webpage layout.

However, after a few days, those pictures are lost and only broken icon which is attached is displayed.

Could anyone help me to solve this problem?

1.jpg

• Level 5*

Hi.  Facebook tends to be a little possessive of its assets - and the owners of some pictures take them down themselves.  Evernote probably can't 'download' the full picture directly online,  so what you see is a direct link to the original.  The link may get broken when you're logged out of Facebook.  The way to keep the picture is to use screen capture - a 'snapshot' of all or part of the screen.  You may have to copy/ paste the URL too if you need it...

• 2 months later...
On 2016/9/23 at 5:48 AM, gazumped said:

Hi.  Facebook tends to be a little possessive of its assets - and the owners of some pictures take them down themselves.  Evernote probably can't 'download' the full picture directly online,  so what you see is a direct link to the original.  The link may get broken when you're logged out of Facebook.  The way to keep the picture is to use screen capture - a 'snapshot' of all or part of the screen.  You may have to copy/ paste the URL too if you need it...

Thanks for your reply. And next time I will take your advice to save new page.

For the pages that I have already saved, could you tell me how to get these lost pictures back?

• Level 5*

Hi.  For the pages you already saved,  you have the URL saved in your note.  If you check it in your browser you should find the original post - otherwise it's a question of  searching Facebook with keywords...

Archived