Let Evernote do Math!

Hi,

Id like to request a feature that allows Evernote to do math!
So you can write a note and include equations and let Evernote calculate all kinds of things just like you could do in Excel or something.

I think it be great if that stuff is possible right in Evernote

Thank you

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, HelmutWyman said:

Hi,

Id like to request a feature that allows Evernote to do math!
So you can write a note and include equations and let Evernote calculate all kinds of things just like you could do in Excel or something.

I think it be great if that stuff is possible right in Evernote

Thank you

In a way, it is already possible.  I just attach a spreadsheet, or a shortcut to a spreadsheet, to a note if I need that ability.

2 hours ago, s2sailor said:

In a way, it is already possible.  I just attach a spreadsheet, or a shortcut to a spreadsheet, to a note if I need that ability.

That is very true, but not everyone has Excel (yep there are free variants). I have it on my work PC but not personal. It's also a very large program and UI to load up for keeping track of simple math alongside content (perhaps a furniture build project, calculating parts cost alongside images of them and information of how to do it).

Also it doesn't fit into the note as nicely as it could do, if you've used OneNote it has this functionality without complication.

Typing 72*4= 

Results in 72*4=288

I usually don't mind doing it in my head, but for some things I do use the calculator to be 100% sure, who knows how my brain is functioning at 4.30pm. A small mistake can come back to bite you in a workplace.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, MySecretUser said:

That is very true, but not everyone has Excel (yep there are free variants). I have it on my work PC but not personal. It's also a very large program and UI to load up for keeping track of simple math alongside content (perhaps a furniture build project, calculating parts cost alongside images of them and information of how to do it).

Also it doesn't fit into the note as nicely as it could do, if you've used OneNote it has this functionality without complication.

Typing 72*4= 

Results in 72*4=288

I usually don't mind doing it in my head, but for some things I do use the calculator to be 100% sure, who knows how my brain is functioning at 4.30pm. A small mistake can come back to bite you in a workplace.

Fair enough.  Certainly doesn't hurt to ask and those interested can help vote up the feature request.

• Level 5

In my opinion, the ability to perform math calculations does not seem to fit the Evernote core features.

According to the CEO of Evernote: "I believe that a smaller, more focused team today will set us up for growth and expansion tomorrow. Here are two things that you can expect from us over the next several months: we will launch major foundational product improvements around the core features that you care about most, and we will pull back on initiatives that fail to support our mission." [Sept 29, 2015]

Archived