Uploading Hand Written Document

Stacie

When I open a note that I put a handwritten document in, it shows a pdf and then I need to click on it to open the page I scanned.  I tried using the "Search" feature to search for a keyword within this document, but it didn't work.  Is it because of the way it loaded?  Is there a different way I need to do this?  See attached image.  

evernote.PNG

• Level 5*
On 2016-09-20 at 2:01 PM, Stacie said:

When I open a note that I put a handwritten document in, it shows a pdf and then I need to click on it to open the page I scanned.  I tried using the "Search" feature to search for a keyword within this document, but it didn't work.  Is it because of the way it loaded?  Is there a different way I need to do this?  See attached image.  

Image/PDF processing is documented here https://blog.evernote.com/tech/2013/07/18/how-evernotes-image-recognition-works/

You'll notice that handwriting is only processed in image files, not in pdfs edited: needs to be confirmed

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, Stacie said:

How do I upload my handwritten notes as an image file where it will be able to be processed?  

How did you manage to get a PDF document?

What you're currently using is an image file embedded in a PDF file.

• Level 5*
38 minutes ago, Stacie said:

I saved the file and dragged and dropped it into the new note.  Then it automatically turned it into a PDF.

I don't think Evernote has an automatic PDF conversion.

How did you create the file; scanner, device camera?

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, Stacie said:

I used a scanner to scan the document...then dragged and dropped it into the new note.  Whatever was done was done automatically. 

Sounds like you have your scanner set up to convert scans to PDF format

• Level 5*
On 9/21/2016 at 0:38 PM, Stacie said:

How do I upload my handwritten notes as an image file where it will be able to be processed?  

Take a picture of it with your phone.  See if your scanner has a jpg output setting.

• Level 5*
14 minutes ago, Stacie said:

I'll check.  What do I want it set up to?  Jpg?

.jpg is good

If you have a phone, you might want to follow @csihilling's suggestion and take a picture
I'd hate to see you mess up your scanner - I actually prefer pdf output

Archived