CLIPPING - Improvement or Impediment

Apparently my Ever Note has been updated. I don't think the software engineers at Ever Note understand the difference between an improvement and an impediment.

Some of use use Ever Note to clip articles we are simply interested in rather than for some obscure or arcane business purpose.

Yesterday when I attempted to clip an article from the NY Times a popup appeared. "You must sign in using the Clip to Ever Note toolbar button before you can make clips." Where the heck is the "Clip to Evernote toolbar button"? Of course "heck" is not the word I would ordinarily use.

TO THE SOFTWARE ENGINEERS: For God's sake cut me some slack! If you are going to "improve" your software tell me how to use what you consider the improvements. At age 74 I can barely keep up. When I first began using Evernote eight or nine years ago it was very different i.e. easy to use. I understand that you are now trying to satisfy a different demographic but there are still some of the original users around who long for the older relative simplicity.

If you detect a sense of anger in this post, I have succeeded. 

To Group Users: What does this new message mean and where is the toolbar button they are talking about? THANKS!

• Level 5*
33 minutes ago, Alvin said:

Yesterday when I attempted to clip an article from the NY Times a popup appeared. "You must sign in using the Clip to Ever Note toolbar button before you can make clips." Where the heck is the "Clip to Evernote toolbar button"?

A simple request for assistance would suffice also work.Screen Shot 2016-09-20 at 8.33.52 AM.png
Can you supply the platform you're using and perhaps a screenshot
On my Mac, when I click on the "Clip to Evernote" button, I get a login box.

Archived